Daily Tarot Guidance
This is a simple two card spread, using two different types of decks, that I've just started using for my daily readings. The first card answers the question "What is my main lesson for today?" and the second card answers the question "What energy can I invoke that will help me integrate this lesson?". I tend to vary the decks I use, and this morning I felt drawn to work with the Voyager Tarot and the Medicine Cards.To answer the first question, I pulled a card from the Voyager Tarot. The card I got was the Nine of Crystals, "Narrowness". Crystals correspond to the traditional Tarot suit of Swords, which is symbolic of the element of air and of logical mental processes. Firstly, looking at the key word of the card, I engaged in logical analysis of how this card relates to me and what the lesson could be. Secondly, looking at the imagery, clearing my mind of any need to lable what I saw, I engaged the receptive right half of my brain where non-linear, intuitive thought processes occur.My first, spontaneous reaction was "Oh great, a 'swords' card!", even though the creator of the Voyager deck, James Wanless, changed the name of the suit because the sword cards had so many negative associations. "Narrowness - I bet my mind is so blinking (OK, so I actually used another word in my mind) narrow today that I won't even be able to think of anything to blog about." Immediately, I was engaged in judging the card, myself and my capabilities - closing down instead of opening up to the possibilities presented before me. How Nine of Crystals!OK, deep breath...Looking at the imagery of "Narrowness", the one thing that drew my attention was the two crossed bars in the upper left-hand corner... Like an answer or possibility that had been crossed out or judged. The Nine of Crystals represent a senseless kind of thinking where one has shut down the senses and resides only in the mind - in a world of preconceived ideas.Relating this card numerologically to the ninth card of the Major Arcana, this is the Hermit who has become very 'top heavy' (all mind, no heart)... Like an old monk who withdraws from the world for years, reading the same set of books over and over... meanwhile letting resentment build at being shut off from the world, even though it was his own choice to isolate himself.The answer to the second question came in the form of beautiful Alligator Medicine. Alligator is an animal who doesn't judge before he has all the information he needs, his senses wide open until he makes his move. Alligator reminds us to laugh when we get too tangled up in our seriousness. One great way to do this is to stand in front of a mirror, concentrating very hard on the 'problem' which is usually more of a mental loop than a real problem, looking very hard at oneself in the mirror saying in your most morose and gloomy voice "This is very "serious". This is so very, "very" serious." See how long you last until you crack up. Affirmation of the day: "I release all judgement - My senses are open"

Credit: master-of-pentagram.blogspot.com