Know Me
"Her face was engulfed in darkness when she spoke. Between us was a sunflower bobbing in the stillness, above us was the moon glowing silvery white and there wasn't the least bit of wind moving about the darkness. The garden was illuminated by the silent life that moves between the rows of sweet-peas and corn stocks. I held her hand a moment before that rocking sensation, that sudden chill crawled from the base of my back up to my temples and we both stared into each others eyes feeling a familiar presence. "We haven't done much together in a long time craft wise. She has a busy life as a mom, I stay busy placating my various family members and living my solitary life. The circle has been long disbanded, the others moved on quickly and the rest of us live in our own worlds. But for one full moon night she and I joined, the way we did when we were children, to listen carefully to what the spirits had to say. It's good sometimes, to not work alone, especially when you are crossing. Friends are hard to come by it seems, the older and older I get, it's good to share good times with the few who stayed behind to wander the world with you.I'm happy I've become more involved with the pagan community online as of late. It was Rusty and Jasmine who brought me back- two good friends and good mentors who have done wonders for me in their own way. Gardnerian and Celt, drawing me back out of my self-imposed exile lol. It's been nice sharing friendships and seeing new faces. Now, if only they all lived on this coast! I can't very well leave my beautiful Pacific Northwest, where my moles and rabbits, snakes and moths, bees and cougars prowl around the sacred spaces and leave their bones for me to rub and bend and redden and bring to life. But it's tempting sometimes to pick up and move where I can be surrounded by the support system they have given me for over six years. Andrew has taught me not to worry too much about the loneliness. Many witches reach a state of solitude, where they seek the refuge of the inner silence, the initiation of inner darkness where exile and meditation are contemplated. I worked in groups and pairs for so long when I was younger and far more eager to be social that now that I'm older, wiser and far less eager for the world, I find myself peacefully enjoying the silence. I've made my end of the summer to-do list, and completed some old projects:TO DO-Refinishing the handles of my sickles and buffing out the bladesSanitize my newest shipment of oil jarsChange out the oil in my new frenzy balm/flying ointment called "Matrona"- just guess where it will take me!Go to the old growth patch in the rainforest to get my magical mushroomsCook up my Autumnal Equinox or Harvest-home whole grain bread for the big celebrationGrind the rest of the consecrated brick down for dustStrip the rest of the flesh from my new moleTan my new rabbit skinLoose a little of my lughnasadh weight in time for MidwinterFinish the botanical anatomy project in my Banes and Betters bookComplete my herbal dictionaryWrite a little more for my novel (ever notice how many pagan bloggers are also fantasy authors? And here I thought I was so damned special lol)Drink more meadTake essential oils class downtownArchery lessons with my little brotherCOMPLETED-Brighid's Cross incenseA Night with the Witch flying ointmentDried snowberry wreathSealed my jars of ghost resin and grave dirtCollected enough morning dew for a badass Harvest floor washGrind more gator tooth for my Dust collection