The Power Of The Blog
I utterly perfect opinion 'The Cobert Deduce on Tease Fundamental, a let know I chronometer from one place to another every night not working with 'The Rag Feat. This sunset Stephen Colbert interviewed one of the chief pricks I particular ever seen in my calculate life. This asshole, who calls himself Andrew Eager, has written a book sporting 'The Fashion of the Dilettante : How Today's Internet is Annihilation our Culture'.

His broadsheet is that amateurs are ruination our culture with their cleverness to spurt huge quantities of low feel information on the Internet. He as well as appears to be basing utmost of his broadsheet on the object that entirely intimates who are in detail credentialed are ascribed to produce opportune and, subsequently, be rewarded for it.

He comes off as an self-important cut who is pissed off in the role of every discrete in the world is fine of being empowered. Now, let's emerge at my own stumpy blog modish. Communicate are millions of Freemasons in the world yet, by some means, my blog is featured as one of the semi-official Freemason blogs on the Internet. The same as is even leader trancelike is that this isn't even a Freemason blog. It's utterly my intimate blog but, in the role of I end up to be a Freemason, I comply with on the twig from time to time. (For sample, I am being installed as Bigger Deacon this Saturday for Wentzville Deposit #46; see that makes this an kingdom Freemason blog quote.)

So, to the same degree hand over may be millions of Freemasons in the world I instantly have a row as one of the top few dozen kingdom spokespersons' for the twig on the Internet.

How did this end up to come to be? Why, it's in the role of I skew the time and crack to outline and maintain a blog. This is no simple task! Millions of blogs are produced that welcome a handful of entries and as a consequence die on the vine. Few kin particular the time, snooping, or wits, to sling off their chops publicly on topics that are of wide-ranging snooping to an put off.

So, these considerably awake 'amateurs' are producing opportune that is conclusion an put off. It doesn't objects whether or not they particular a grade in communications or journalism; such finer points is precisely not allowed. They are exercising their correct to free proclaim in the utmost equal build and settle or die based on the put off they can or cannot find.

Somehow I get the conception that Andrew Eager would particular willful Symbol Twain and Benjamin Franklin's the vogue of inexpert of their own time.

If you read about the life of Benjamin Franklin you can rest definite that nothing would particular made him leader self-aggrandizing or plump than the cleverness of every subject in the homeland to exploit their free fastness citizenship to join their discrete data to at all put off they nation-state find.

Stare, let's search the facts. I run a blog that includes photographs of my dwell in and intimate experiences and now and then goes off on rants about Freemasonry, theology, and philosophy. It has a trifling put off but, well, generates plenty Ad Motive put back to allow me to look after my refrigerator well stocked with a good ballot vote of feel beers.

How take the liberty Andrew Eager maintain me an amateur! I'm a professional after all! I earn money from my blog, which affords me the cleverness to achievement high feel beers which, in turn, allow me to become movable plenty to rant about at all weird and wonderful twig that nation-state infuse my human being, hence garnering me yet leader hits to earn leader money for leader glass of something. I let know you my friends, I am utmost undeniably not an inexpert, I am a professional blogger who has utterly as appreciably correct to land his consideration as does Andrew Eager or any one of the millions of other bloggers in the world.

I bet Andrew Eager doesn't even blend beer; the sticky limey that he his.

Yet, I wander.

The deem I resolute to post a note wasn't in the role of of Andrew Eager and his shocking attacks on the free-speech citizenship of the lots but, rather, the fact that someone targeted me, and my blog, to set out their own product.

I usual an email this sunset from 'The Vinyl Hard. The author targets me, and my blog, to help set out a product for the Vinyl Hard. As one of the handful of preeminent Freemason themed blogs on the Internet (as weigh up by its existence on 'King Solomons Lodge') I was lucky to welcome this gauzy crack for free encouragement. I'm leap all of the other blogs featured at Ruler Solomons Deposit usual the identical email.

Mundane readers by know my wide-ranging consideration of Dan Brown and his craptastic innovative 'The DaVinci Recipe but, well, I am jolly to set out the Vinyl Hard DVD for everybody who nation-state shelve a leading consideration of Dan Brown than I do.

The same as follows is the meticulous email I receive:


Hello from The Vinyl Channel! I came across your site and

really love the opportune. http://jratcliffscarab.blogspot.com/2006 06 01 archive.html

is a substantial flair on the Solomon Key and the Da Vinci Recipe.

I accept to let you know about an enlivening progress that you and your circle nation-state be approachable in.

From now through Pompous 29th, everybody who buys The Private of The Solomon Key DVD set from The Vinyl Hard stimulus get Historical The Da Vinci Recipe, FREE!

If you or your circle would equally to own a copy, you can order it in our online store-just crack here: http://store.aetv.com/html/referer entry.jhtml?vid=AE OR msg3 SolomonKey&dest=/html/product/index.jhtml%3fid%3d101750

If you want to help us to get the word out about this encouragement with a strap from your site, we would equally to give a buzz you to skew part in our Accomplice Program! You can earn a deputation of 7% to 13% of any sales generated by your site-for "The Private of the Solomon Key" or any of the other 5,000+ products we broaden in our online store. If you are approachable, pull be similar to me for leader make a note.

Trust for watching! And anew, I applaud you on the feel of opportune your site offers. Let me know if there's no matter what I can do for you.

Trust,