Friendship Friday 10
"Welcome to another Friendship Friday! If you would like to be featured in an upcoming installment, please click on the Friendship Friday icon on the sidebar, for information on how you can participate."Today I'd like to introduce you to Auntie eM of The Salt Box. "I asked Auntie em to tell us a little about herself and her blogging."I grew up in a large family on Long Island, N.Y., where my father died when we were all young, I age 3. Mom remarried and we moved to California in 1972. Two years later my family fell apart and I lived with a small, kind family my last two years of high school. I was raised in Roman Catholicism, but came to know Jesus as Lord and Savior at the age of 21, after having my Baptist pastor speak of Christ being, closer than a brother. And I have some dear brothers! I did not marry until I was 30, and was challenged immediately with part-time parenting two school age children, which was a joy to me, though hard. I've lived with physical pain most of my adult life, but have found that Jesus is faithful in suffering, and He gives extra grace when we receive the suffering as from His sovereign will and immense love. He gives nuggets of Truth and beautiful communion to the heart of the surrendered sufferer. Twenty years into my walk with Christ I waivered and entered a dangerous path of a rebellious heart and bitterness. Five years of that was about all it took for the faithfulness of our great Savior to step in and show me who I am without Him operating in my life. About that time my husband and I encountered the most horrendous trials of our lives, and through this we learned to truly live for Jesus Christ. We'd not, to that point, had any direction of service to Christ; but soon my husband began digging into scripture and seeking the Lord with all his being. I am now married to a man who once was not able to memorize anything due to a serious head injury at age 6. Today, by God's grace and gift, my husband has pages of scripture verses memorized that he may freely speak the Word of God in his evangelistic message. It is an honor to be his wife.During the recent five years period of renewal and growth, my heavenly Father began to teach me through His word, and in long stretches of painful days. He gave me 'meat' and I ate and drank for the years I'd missed. He gave me the years the locust had eaten! For the past two years I've been asking the Lord how to implement His teaching into the lives of women. A friend had exhorted me to be a Titus 2 woman, convincing me that the Church has failed to put proper emphasis on such a role. So I began to write tracts for women, giving them out to Christians gals whenever possible. Then I wrote stories, yet to be put together. Finally someone spoke of blogging and I realized, "Now that is something I can do!" It was such a burning desire to speak truth into women's lives, to help lead them into more devoted, surrendered living in Christ. I believe God is looking for a Holy Bride; the one who has "made herself ready," as it is written in Revelations 19:7. And to be Holy is to separate oneself unto Him who is worthy!The topics I write on are for the purpose of sharing God's wisdom and understanding with women, wives and mothers. These include Godly Virtue, Training Children, Modesty, Proverbial Wisdom, short snippets of my life for bonding, and I have some Recipes and Crafts. My next phase will be Sunday Suppers (Looking Forward for the Salt Box), and Seasonal Recipes, and fun for kids.I hope women are challenged to look into the mirror of Heaven's Eyes to see where they are spiritually. It takes courage and humility to do this. That they determine for themselves not to be satisfied with carnality and preconceived notions that have 'taken' the church via society's influence.I get the sense through blogging, that I am doing some of what God has given me to do. I don't know that many will read it, but that is the job of the Holy Spirit. He moves mountains, you know! And He is exceptionally good at removing planks from the eye! So, not my will - but Thine.A favorite portion of scripture? Oh Yes! If ever I could place a tab on a passage that calls us to live for Christ, it is Psalm 19. The whole thing is Magnificent! But verses 11-14 speak of abandonment of a sinful lifestyle.Since I started blogging, I have received encouragement and kind words from my daughter, and gals in Central California, and from two with blogs on this site:Songs From My Journey God Shall Bless Us.9. I'd like to hear from women about areas they struggle with sin; what kind of relationship they have with the Lord; what Q's they have on daily living; and what they believe would fulfill their lives. They can email me at thesaltbox.auntieem@gmail.com "Posted by Deb from "Songs From My Journey"."