Getting To Know The Queen Of Wands
As I was going through some of the exercises in 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card with my Queen of Wands from the Tarot of Dreams this morning, I felt compelled to dig out my Tarot of the Spirit to see if it would help me gain some new insights into this formidable lady. After all, I did say I wanted to be more like her, so I need to get to know her properly by interviewing those who have already spent some quality time in her company.

I was pleasantly surprised that Eakins described this energy as being the start of something new, which is how it felt to me when I picked the 10 of Pentacles, The Wheel and the Queen of Wands the other day in order to choose a card to journey with through the 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card. She speaks of the Queen of Wands as signifying something 'new and possibly dangerous'.

The short card description reads:


"Long after the energy of others has burned out, your own energy burns like a constant pilot light; you have the sense of being a sought out leader especially in matters of the spirit; you seek quiet but consistent leadership; as long as you move in accordance with nature's laws, nature obeys your every command."

This description made me think of the shamanic take on the reversed Queen of Wands - she is the shaman or sourceress who acts as a bridge between heaven and earth.

When I came back to write about the Queen of Wands, I noticed the lady inside the circle in the Wheel card from yesterday's blog. Does she not look like a Queen of Wands? She is certainly blessed by Jupiter and the Fire of Spirit flows unhindered through her crown.

She is equally blessed by Mars, the ruler of Aries, and the energy that corresponds with the root chakra. She is the last ten degrees of Pisces and the first 20 of Aries. Pisces is ruled by Neptune (heart chakra). She is also blessed by Sol, ruler of Leo. Her solar plexus is clear and she is unafraid of using her god-given power.

The lady draws the circle and then she dances in it (XXI The Universe/World), arms upstreched, free of the karmic limitations imposed by Saturn on souls who have yet to hear the calling (XX Judgment). Yet she acknowledges Saturn and pays him respect because he connects her with the physical realm where she has entered into matter to serve the Most High. Saturn's gift to her is deadlines or she would spend all her time in worship.