The Muslim Menagerie Of Miracles
Yeah, when I saw this, my reaction was probably much like yours: "What the HELL is that thing?" I thought it was an outtake from that movie 'Extro'. Nope. Found it here, along with this little blurb:"This picture below was taken this morning near the Safaniya beach in the eastern province. Aramco security ">3500 of these things?Obviously, someone got a bit too creative with Photoshop. Imagine your kid saying, "It followed me home, can I keep it?"Yes, we've all heard about the 'jesus on a tortilla', statues of madonnas weeping blood, etc.Apparently, this sort of silliness isn't restricted to the Westerners.Here's another interesting one - apparently, Allah's signature is in the palms of our hands:And in fruit, as well:Oh, let's not forget the world itself (over Africa, no less):Even Apollo 11 took a picture:I mean, they're just squiggly lines, people. These are no more miracles than that 'cross' they found in the wreckage of the WTC. If I was daft enough to go looking, I could probably find my own damn cursive signature in a pork chop. If I squinted at ten thousand of the bloody things, if I wanted to find it badly enough, I sure as hell would. I mean, who hasn't seen a recognizable shape in the clouds? If you drink enough, or pound down piles of mind-altering substances, you'll see things. Likewise with the religious. They even have praying trees (aye caramba! Blair Witch of the ME!), and trees that resemble the word 'Allah' (peanut butter and jelly be upon him).Goddam allegory.Of course, the most famous of these miracles, was this:"Did The Prophet Muhammad split the moon as a miracle? The Hour has approached, and the moon split. But whenever they see a sign, they turn away and say, 'This is evident magic.' (54:1-2) The miracle of the splitting of the moon was demonstrated before a certain gathering who persisted in denial of Muhammad's Prophethood. As was related by 'Adbullah ibn Mas'ud, while they were in Mina' one night, the Prophet split the moon into two by a gesture of his index finger. The halves of the moon appeared one behind the mountain and the other in front of it. Then, the Prophet turned to us and said: 'Be witnesses!'"Now, it doesn't take a degree to see how far out this is. It's by far smarter than that nonsense about 'the darkness that covered the land'(Luke 23:44-46), by restricting it to a smaller group. There's a claim that an Indian king witnessed this, along with some caravans. However, much like the alleged 'darkness', there doesn't seem to be any external multiple attestations outside of...select witnesses. Completely anecdotal.The six points listed at the link above are quite...amusing, to say the least.Here's what I think: * Splitting the moon in two for even a small amount of time would result in massive tidal waves, and all sorts of reprecussions that boggle the mind. * I'm going to contact Randi, and see if he can duplicate this 'stupendous' feat (which is what led me to discover all this nonsense, by the way). * I'm guessing the wine was spiked with hashish.Anyways, I'm guessing this is the moon these folks saw:(courtesy of a forum at Apostates of Islam)Halloo, snackbar!Till the next post, then.

Credit: theartofastralprojection.blogspot.com