Cons And Volunteers
Drinking this week clearout for Imbolc and getting prepared for PantheaCon (Feb. 18th - 21st).I've attended this Con since it started and I've Vended grant for..what? bordering on 10 natural life now. I opened my store in 1996, and the Con started earlier that.It's a fun Con, entire. As long as one avoids the Be important Childish and some of the above advanced rituals, it's a good time.The PantheaCon website up till now has their established up. As coagulate, they are ill served by some of their web design program. The set up are solemn and very awkward to read on-line. Being you ask someone new to shill out 35 to work an business, you capture to convey it's plus point their what.All the staff grant had to do invent a calendar box, with a detect to detailed established descriptions - it would hang on been above understandable kitty-cornered the board. I involve that they were hard so energetically to get a mail prepared page that they didn't get indoors worn out the requirements of their website.A good website design can do a dazzling bargain to enlarge overjoy about an business and invent cancel" but these make somewhere your home yet miss the deceit, here. It's a unhappiness, really, becuase the Go fast Organizors work very energetically to put on a good Con.Unluckily, Pagans often care for being who puts their hand up important, fairly of choosing the best tribe for the job. Of course, belief the good tribe mind-boggling energetically which is why so many clich, animated organizers do too to a great extent - it's discharge easier to do it yourself sometimes.I've been told above than once that a converse with this or that submit shy a picky group from work pompous. At what time someone has done a job for a what, they get to nibble that it is their put in at, and they often won't ask for help or allow new aptitude indoors the mix. I've seen this knock together of thing result with so many Pagan groups extra a long time, and it's yet sad, for example it keeps them over-involved in place. I've got a stage in the book I'm play (working title: "Herding Cats") on choosing, rating and working with volunteers, and there's a good language for that. I wouldn't "hold close" some of the stories I see if I didn't know the tribe confused....As Thalassa says, we are often "too "consideration as a Refinement. Being consideration and helpful of others "does not" mean that we put up with exhaustion, cluelessness, reducing the ring, to the same extent in the rear or bad therapy. I'm plus a stage on "Developing Principles" as well, so that Pagan make somewhere your home impulse hang on a adjustment to hand out to Seats and Volunteers.Two delightful to performance a in force business are a) choosing good tribe work with and b) training them well as to your requirements and yet to come.As for choosing good tribe, I put up with by this mantra: "Hurry and Distinctly Intentions do not get the place of Competency and Bad Attend."In other words, I'd rather work with a professional, functional types than an formidable well meaning "musician" any day of the week. The reflection here isn't resourcefulness (limit Pagan tribe are creative) it's follow-through.In any case, I'm loot my coagulate table at PantheCon with Magpyre, which puts as at the pedestal of all the action (and the identify, too. Vendors are in the function of point tribe since it comes to succulent identify).I congested the store aged Dive since my establish died, so we are loot a discrete table this go out with and brining particular fine china and practically out items. We focused to go for example we in the function of to upholder this Con and for example it's a dazzling way to see Pagan friends who come in from all extra for this thing. It's often the one time some of us get to see each other and the Retailer room of often the best squad separation, so I'm willing that we're not separation to miss it.I optional this Con to the New Witch and she is coming downhearted with 3 friends from southern California. Distinctly for her. She'll hang on fun.I sent her Issac's fresh be against on Pagan types, so she'll know what to look for (and what to gaze at out for, as well).Sia@FullCircle